Armadillo Technical Institute now offers General Education Diploma (GED) program. This program prepares selected secondary students to complete high school by passing the four sections of the GED test intended to show proficiency in the basic knowledge and skills learned in high school.
Students must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for one of our GED programs. Students who are 16 or 17 years old may participate in the Oregon GED Options program if they meet these criteria:
- At least 16 years of age
- A full year’s academic credit behind their 9th grade cohorts or for other reasons specifically identified in the local plan, unable to complete their diploma with their class
- Able to demonstrate their reading level to be 8th grade or above according to local instruction and testing
- Approved for participation after completing the local approval process as outlined in ATI’s GED Option application. This includes an interview with administration, family, and student, and agreement to abide by program participation standards.
- Enrolled in high school and able to provide the following information (ATI can help provide ID numbers)
- First, Middle, and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Four-Year Class Graduation Year
- Oregon Student State Identification Number, (SSID)
- Resident/Attending District Institution Number
Students who are 18 years or older may be eligible for the Oregon GED Program if they meet these criteria:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Lacking enough credit to prevent graduation with their Four-Year Class cohort.
- Demonstrate substantial need or burden that results in inability to complete their diploma.